Howard Hunt is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected at all times. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Howard Hunt City Ltd of 3rd Floor Crown House, 151 High Rd, Loughton, Essex, IG10 4LG. Howard Hunt City Ltd is part of Howard Hunt Group.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.howardhunt.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering for news, submitting enquiries or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To recognise you when you return to our site
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Howard Hunt City Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Howard Hunt City Ltd, our customers, or others
- We will always ensure that we protect your data with the upmost security. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure all information and data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to The Data Controller, Howard Hunt, 2 Masthead Close, Crossways, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QF. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £25 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
At any time you may contact us with any privacy questions or comments you may have. To contact us, please call us on (+44) 1322 273 252, send an email to email@example.com or write to Howard Hunt, 2 Masthead Close, Crossways, Dartford, Kent, DA2 6QF. Howard Hunt is an ISO 27001 accredited company.